The EBZ Group acquires a corporate share of 49.5% in nano power a.s.

Czech engineering service provider and manufacturer of battery systems for heavy duty/industrial applications (high power)

Ravensburg/Prague. The EBZ Group, an automotive supplier in the area of plant engineering and tool making, has as of 3/31/2022 acquired a share of 49.5% in nano power a.s., an enterprise in Prague/Czech Republic. The remaining 50.5% of the shares remain in the possession of company founder and CEO Frantisek Stastny who established the company in 2014 and built it up. The company currently has an annual turnover of approximately EUR 5 million and will in future operate on the market under the name EBZ nano power s.r.o.

The EBZ Group develops lithium-ion battery systems for a wide range of applications.
© EBZ Gruppe

The service portfolio of nano power a.s. encompasses engineering and the production of battery systems for heavy duty applications. The main operational area of the present core business is in public transport. This primarily involves e-buses, streetcars, trolley buses and trains. A further part of the product portfolio encompasses the design and manufacture of stationary energy storage systems (battery storage systems). What should be especially highlighted here is the long service life of the battery systems, due to the cell chemistry employed (LTO lithium titanate oxide). The technology enables a high number of charging cycles (approx. 39,000) and very low charging durations. For example, a travelling time of one hour only requires a charging time of 300 seconds.

“The acquisition of nano power a.s. represents a further important strategic addition to the service portfolio of the EBZ Group. The high growth potential is a product of the climate goals adopted and the continuously increasing market demand for battery systems associated with these. This is particularly evident in the public transport sector, the core business of EBZ nano power, as a very high investment in electrification on the part of customers will be required in the coming years,” says Thomas Bausch, CEO of the EBZ Group.

The acquisition sees the EBZ Group expanding its know-how in the area of battery technology. Indeed, the company has made a name for itself among several automotive manufacturers in the recent past in the area of battery assembly. Henceforth, the acquisition of nano power s.r.o. will enable the company to provide customers with its own battery systems.

battery system for high power applications.
© EBZ Gruppe

The EBZ Groups plant 1 at Bleicherstrasse 7 in Ravensburg.
About the EBZ Group

The EBZ Group is one of the top suppliers in the automotive industry, specializing in tool making and plant construction. The process chain ranges from engineering and production to the commissioning of prototypes, forming dies and production and assembly systems for units, batteries, and fuel cells. With a corporate structure based on the core competencies of planning, design, and simulation of equipment, the owner-managed company develops individual and flexible solutions for the global automotive industry.

The EBZ Group covers a broad portfolio in BIW technology through its range of services, a global presence, and the know-how of our employees. The company employs around 1800 personnel globally at eleven locations and is responsible for an overall annual performance of EUR 390 million.

Find out more

Press contact

Maren Barreiro
Marketing / Corporate Communications

+49 (0) 751 886-1009

Write an e-mail